Sohbet

Sohbet - The Mystical Conversation on Mystical Subjects

Friday, June 7, 2013

Trans What?

I have long heard this ugly word 'Transgender', which sounds like being run over by a muscle car, and I thought it meant something in particular which certainly did not apply to me. (The colloquialism for it is horrid: Tranny.) But I discovered recently that the meaning has expanded like a dying star and now encompasses nearly everyone short of Rambo or Mae West. In particular it has nothing to do with sexual preference, or appearance preferences. It is "a state of mind", basically, which means that one feels that not all of ones 'assigned' gender traits quite fit. But who did the assigning, or said what traits are the correct ones?
I happen to think that skirts are comfortable, particularly when sitting for long periods of time, or walking outdoors. I think the men of Scotland and the police officers of Myanmar would agree. I also like bangles, because they are a symbol of Hetaira, and I enjoy painting my toenails; it is very calming. But I have no interest in anything else to do with stereotypical female appearance. It is not so much an issue for me of looking like something (eg: a woman) as to do with what I like. Makeup is fun too, when I go out dancing, not to be seen a certain way, but to express something. Who doesn't enjoy Halloween or April Fools Day? There is that old song, Every Day Is Halloween. That's it.
Shoot, another icky word sticks to me like a diagnosis! Why are there no swear words for GOOD things? UTZ on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated. It might take me a while to get to them.